« Announcing the iPod Shuffle Contest Winners | Main

August 24, 2005

It's been a week....

...since we left Nashville. How are you feeling about your Annual Meeting experience now? Please share your thoughts.

Posted by Jeff De Cagna at August 24, 2005 11:16 PM

Comments

I was honored to be invited by Gaylord Opryland,from New Jersey, to perform for your convention. A blog on this website about me, written by Kevin Holland was very complimentary, and I appreciated it. PLease view at: http://blogs.asaecenter.org/XtremeASAEblog/archives/2005/08/the_singing_bar.html
I hope some of you were able to witness my ability, and hear me sing, and that in the future, I will be invited to perform at more of your functions. I have DVD coverage, as well as a full media package for those interested. More information at www.singingbartender.com. Thanks for making it a great time for me, and I hope to hear from some of you again soon. "Blanche, The Singing Bartender" (TM)

Posted by: Blanche, The Singing Bartender at September 10, 2005 11:39 AM

The energy level was the highest I have experienced at any conference. The conference served as an effective model for our association's annual conference!

Posted by: Bill Burns, CAE at September 1, 2005 04:16 PM

This was my very first ASAE convention and I had a blast. The education was supurb, the networking events great -- I made some terrific contacts -- and the market place was excellent! If I have one complaint, it would be that the exhibit hall was not open enough times. If I could make the perfect convention it would have a happy hour or two in the exhibit hall so that I could have just a few more hours to work the exhibits. Otherwise everything was terrific. And, the folks who wrote those songs at the beginning of the general sessions -- they felt my pain! That was fantastic. What an eye opener. The speakers were wonderful too which wasn't easy that time in the morning, or afternoon, when blood sugar is low. Anyway big kudos to ASAE and the Center for putting on a great event. I don't know how they are going to top themselves in Boston, but if any one can -- they can. See you all there, I hope.

Posted by: Marlene Cohen [TypeKey Profile Page] at August 28, 2005 11:12 AM

I'm going through withdrawal! It's always great to run into colleagues and friends that I don't see during the year. The hardest part though is not having that pumped up feeling I had at the meeting. I was excited about my job and new ideas. The sad reality is that it's tough to bring that back to the office. As was stated in a couple different sessions, "the experience comes from within." As much as I've shared with other co-workers (fortunately, I had another co-worker with me in Nashville), they will never "get" the experience. We're working on it though - I had a luncheon last Friday with a couple people that didn't go. We have a larger meeting next week to talk about some ideas to incoporate into our own annual conference in Oct. Baby steps . . .

Posted by: Karin Soyster at August 26, 2005 09:46 AM

For this year's meeting, in my humble opinion it was the best annual meeting I have ever attended. The strength of the sessions and the presenters was just fantastic. The staff from ASAE and the Center are to be commended for pulling together such a strong group of presenters and topics that were as timely as could be.

Posted by: Dennis Gano, RCE, CAE at August 26, 2005 08:25 AM