Quick Clicks: Annual Meeting Postgame
Annual Meeting summaries, reflections, and recaps are popping up all over--it's great to read all the different perspectives. Here are the posts I've found so far ... but I'm sure more are being written even as I post this. I'll link to 'em as I find 'em.
- Several bloggers posted takeaways and responses to specific sessions, including Shannon Otto at the Splash blog, who wrote about an interesting ethics session she attended as well as a session on engaging members with mobile.
- Lynn Morton live-blogged the session on deconstructing social media guidelines.
- The Connect blog posted major themes and ideas from a session on great IT on a tight budget.
- Annual by the numbers: KiKi L'Italien has a list of her top 5 personal highlights from Annual. Matt Baehr posted 10 thoughts on the conference. Thought Leader Carmine Gallo posted 7 secrets from his Annual session (plus some Flip video he took during his talk).
- Shannon Otto shared some great photos her colleague Kevin Patrick took during the meeting.
- Thomas Getchius wrote up his learnings from the last day in LA.
- Jeff Cobb wasn't at Annual (for a very good reason!) but he still participated through social media. He shares what the discussions he saw onlinetell him about the future of learning.
- Stephen Nold at the Trade Show News Network shares his impressions (and concerns) from walking the expo floor.
- Maggie McGary riffed off of some discussions going on at Annual to talk about the depth of associations' commitment to social media. In a similar vein, Dave Lutz' preparations for Annual got him thinking about conference websites and how they can fail.