Top Ten Ways You Know You're Flying Too Much...
Over the last six weeks or so, my life has felt like one continuous plane ride. I've spent many, many hours in the air during this period, and I've tried to put that time to good use by coming up with this list for your amusement. Just consider it a public service I'm performing on behalf of all the weary travelers in the association world. It's a great opportunity for us to laugh at the ridiculous things that too much flying can do to otherwise normal human beings. (No cracks from the peanut gallery please...)
So, without further delay, the Top Ten Ways You Know You're Flying Too Much!
9. When inexperienced travelers slow down your security lane, you look knowingly at other passengers, roll your eyes, shake your head and say with disdain, "Rookies." They nod back at you in agreement. (I've never done that...;>)
8. You spend an hour (or more) calculating whether you'll need to book a "mileage run" to reach the next level of status in your airline's frequent flier program before the end of the year. (I'm okay.)
7. You recognize flight attendants you've flown with before.
6. They recognize you.
5. You treat your noise canceling headphones with the gentleness of a beloved pet.
4. A fellow passenger asks if you're a pilot because you use "aviation language."
3. You consider overweight bag charges to be just another opportunity to earn miles on your frequent flier program credit card.
2. You're exasperated that your airline didn't ask for your input before changing its soft drink supplier!
and the number one way you know you're flying too much....
1. You begin to spell your name using the NATO phonetic alphabet:
De Cagna is Delta Echo (Sierra for the space) capital Charlie Alpha Golf November Alpha
I haven't quite reached #1 just yet, but with another trip next week, I expect I'll be there soon. Do you have some more fun ways to know you're flying too much to add to the list? Please do so as a comment below!