« "Customer experience" in associations |
| Hang out with the best »
- Keep up with other blog posts that mention your association (through Google Alerts, Technorati, etc.) and comment on those posts. The bloggers will be honored by your presence and will become your allies.
- Decide on a posting schedule, and stick to it. Choose a schedule that's manageable -- quality is better than quantity.
- Reinforce the idea that your blog is a discussion: If there is a smart comment, paste it into its own post, which will invite more interactivity.
- To be an effective blog writer, read many blogs -- not just in your own area of interest, but more broadly as well.
- Choose a voice and a topic, and stick to it. Your blog might be a personal reflection, or a news sharing vehicle, but it's hard for it to be both -- and your readers will notice when the voice isn't consistent.
- Read your own archives â€“ you might be surprised at what you find.
- Your blog could include more than just text -- video, audio, photos. A great source for audio interviews are authors promoting their new books. And if you shoot photos of an event, send a link to the post with those photos to the people pictured in them. They are likely to send the link to others, and to comment.
- Post idea: Read what your readers what to read and summarize it.
- Know how many people come to your blog, and where they are coming from.
Comments are now closed on all posts.